Too much time has passed since the last release now. Here is a new one. Changes:
Bugfix release without too much changes.
As this was a complete rewrite from scratch, there were lots of changes:
- Mass description language (properties, transformations, gamesetup, etc.)
- Experimental (but working) editing and savefile support
- Too many details to mention here; read the LEVELS docu
- Network code refactored, mass-server.py now serves maps
Tested platforms are Linux, Windows (get the .zip) and Solaris. It might work on others.
- 3D OpenGL display (optional, thanks to Laurenz Gamper!)
- No more sound support
- Two players on the same keyboard is not possible any more
- But there is Network support instead (optional)
- Scrolling. The game area is not limited to the screen area any more
- And of course, more masses!
Sourceforge cvs is no longer used. I host a subversion repository (nightly svn dumps), it should compile most of the time. The command is:
svn co svn://old.homeip.net/mass/trunk/mass
Old releases can be found at the old homepage, and very old releases (before 0.2, when it was c++) are again at the SourceForge download page.